Are you looking for a healthy and delicious meal that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied?
The heavenly combination of zucchini noodles and salmon is nutritious and incredibly easy to make, taking just 20 minutes from start to finish. It’s a recipe that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Today I am going to share a recipe for zucchini noodles and salmon, a nutritional powerhouse. Zucchini noodles, also known as “zoodles,” are a nutritious and low-carb alternative to traditional pasta.
They are a healthy way to eat your favourite pasta dishes because they are full of vitamins and minerals. With its delicate flavor and flaky texture, salmon goes perfectly with this dish.
So, let’s get cooking!
Zucchini Noodles and Salmon Recipe
There are only a few easy steps needed to make zucchini noodles for quick and easy eating. First, clean and dry your zucchini.
Then, use a spiralizer or a julienne peeler to make noodles-like long, thin strips of zucchini. If you do not have a spiralizer or Julienne peeler, you can cut the zucchini into thin strips with a knife.
Zucchini noodles are great for you in many ways and should be a regular part of your diet. Zoodles made from zucchini are lower in calories and carbs than regular pasta. This makes them a great choice for people on a low-carb or keto diet.
Zucchini also has a lot of fiber, which helps your body digest food and makes you feel full. This can help you control your weight and stop you from eating too much.
On the other hand, salmon is full of healthy nutrients. It’s great for your heart, brain, and overall health because it is full of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and important vitamins and minerals.
The combination of salmon and zucchini noodles makes for a healthy meal that will fill you up and make you feel good.
- 170 grams Salmon Fillet
- 1 cup Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Anchovy
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 large Zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- Preheat the broiler in your oven. Place the salmon filet on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Broil on high for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly. Then, slice the salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, anchovy, lemon juice, and sea salt. Blend until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. Set the basil pesto dressing aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the arugula and cook just until wilted. Remove the wilted arugula from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the spiralized zucchini noodles. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are slightly tender but still crisp.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the cooked zucchini noodles and wilted arugula on serving plates. Top with the cooked salmon pieces.
- Drizzle the basil pesto dressing generously over the salmon, zucchini noodles, and arugula.
- Serve the salmon and zucchini noodle salad immediately, and enjoy the vibrant flavours of this healthy and delicious dish!
- Try new seasonings to spice up zucchini noodles and salmon. Try a homemade pesto sauce with fresh basil, garlic, parmesan, and pine nuts on zucchini noodles. You can also add chilli flakes and lemon juice.
- There are endless salmon seasoning options. Keep it simple with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- For extra flavor, try a marinade with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and honey. You can also make a sour glaze by mixing maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar.
- For leftovers, refrigerate any in an airtight container for up to three days. For optimal freshness, store the zucchini noodles and sauce separately.
- A single serving consists of approximately one cup of zucchini noodles and three ounces of salmon filet.
- If desired, omit the anchovy from the basil pesto dressing for a different flavor profile.
Health Benefits of Zucchini Noodles and Salmon
There are many health benefits to eating zucchini noodles with salmon. Zucchini noodles are a great way to control your blood sugar and lose weight because they are very low in calories and carbs.
They also have a lot of vitamins A and C, which help the immune system work well and keep skin healthy.
Omega-3 fatty acids are also very good for you and are needed for brain and heart health. It has been shown that omega-3s can lower inflammation, raise cholesterol, and lower blood pressure.
Salmon also has a lot of protein, which is important for building and repairing muscles.
Tips for Meal Prep with Zucchini Noodles and Salmon
If you want to make your life easier and make sure you always have healthy food on hand, you could meal prep salmon and zucchini noodles. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Spiralize a large batch of zucchini noodles and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to five days.
- Cook a large batch of salmon filets and portion them into individual containers. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days or frozen for longer-term storage.
- When you’re ready to enjoy your meal, simply reheat the zucchini noodles and salmon in the microwave or on the stovetop. Add your favorite seasonings or sauces, and you have a healthy and delicious meal in minutes.
READ ALSO: 8 Reasons To Start Meal Planning Today
Zucchini noodles and salmon are a perfect pairing. They are nutritious and tasty, with a variety of flavors and textures. Zucchini noodles with salmon are a great low-carb or healthy meal option.
Try something new with this zucchini noodles and salmon recipe. Use different seasonings, sauces, and cooking methods to find your favorites. With its many variations, this healthy and delicious dish will never bore you.
So, let’s head to your kitchen, grab some zucchini and salmon, and get cooking. Your taste buds and your body will thank you.
♡ Love ♡,