I know what you’re thinking. ‘Hummus is a dip, not a pasta sauce.’ And you are absolutely right. But that doesn’t mean that hummus can’t be the star of a delicious pasta dish. This creamy hummus pasta recipe is incredibly easy to make, and it’s perfect for a quick weekday meal.
But what about the Health Benefits?
Research has linked hummus and its ingredients to a variety of health benefits. It naturally regulates sugar, provides fiber for gut health, can help lower cholesterol, and more.
This makes it an excellent choice for anyone looking to improve their general wellness or prevent chronic illness in later life!
How to Make Homemade Hummus
This is a super simple recipe, it only takes minutes. Place all of the following ingredients into your food processor, give them one quick blend until they’re completely mixed together.
- 2 cups of canned chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
And if you prefer a ready-made hummus, check this from Amazon >>> .
Now, time to cook the pasta. Let’s get started!
Creamy Hummus Pasta
113 grams Chickpea Pasta (dry)
1/3 cup Frozen Edamame
1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
1 1/4 cups Arugula
1 1/2 tsps Lemon Juice
1/3 cup Hummus (ready-made or make your own)
1 tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the chickpea pasta according to package directions. During the last two minutes, add the frozen edamame and reserve some of the pasta water. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In the same pot over medium heat, add the oil followed by the tomatoes, arugula and lemon juice and heat through. Add the pasta and edamame into the pot and stir in the hummus. Add the pasta water one small splash at a time and stir until your desired consistency is reached. Divide onto plates and top with everything bagel seasoning, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving is approximately one cup of pasta.
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS: Top with chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
So there you have it, a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy your pasta. And if you’ll host a party, it’s the perfect dish that is not only easy to make but will also have your guests asking for the recipe.
I hope you’ll give this humus pasta recipe a try soon! And if you do, be sure to let me know how it goes by sharing a photo on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #Fabulous50sHealthyRecipes. I can’t wait to see what you cook up. ❤️????
???? Don’t forget to PIN this to your Healthy Recipes Board on Pinterest!